Saturday 8 December 2012

Mary Kay! Would you lie to me ?

In the cosmetics industry, there are lots of lies when it comes to animal testing.
Many brands do not hesitate to tell you what you want to hear, as long as they get your money.

I was told before that Avon & Mary Kay make it a common practice to tell customers their products are crueltyfree.

But if you do some research, you'll find out they're not!

Both companies are well established in China.
If you follow this blog, you know this automatically implies tests on animals.

Indeed, chinese laws require those tests in order to be able to sell cosmetics on their territory.



I never witnessed any lies about that matter from Avon or Mary Kay, until recently...

On twitter, someone asked me if she should believe a MK salesperson who told her they are crueltyfree.


Of course, I said no.

I gave her this link where you get really interesting information about what's going on in China.

I also shared the link on Twitter & Facebook.


It got shared by a friend and here's what happened.






As you can see, someone was told MK does not test on animals.
What's interresting in that comment is that she shares her source's name.














I clicked on that name to find out this person is an executive sales director at MK...

What do you think about that ? Yeah, that's what i thought.







What should you learn from this?

Just be careful. Cosmetics companies want your money, and some are willing to lie for it.


I can not say that these two MK representatives actually did say the brand is cruelty free. I'm not the one who spoke with them.

However, we witness a lot of lies about animal testing.

Choose your information source.
Someone who wants to sell you something should not be your source.
A friend that thinks she knows should not be your source either.


Please, tell me if Mary Kay did ever tell you their products are not tested on animals ? I would like to know about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment